Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Sunday 20 February 2011

A Little Retail Therapy!!!!

I've just finished 2 weeks temping doing data entry - apart from giving me lots of headaches and neck and shoulder aches, it also exhausted me as I had to get up mega early so that I could get a particular bus that doesn't run very often.  I was also finishing quite late and just missing my bus home most nights so I was getting home around 7.15pm after leaving the house at 8pm.  Now, I guess for lots of people that might be normal but as I've not worked for a while it absolutely exhausted me and meant I had no energy or time for any crafting and leisure time.

Anyway - I've tried to get out on the weekends for some air at least!!  Last weekend, I went to Bath for the day and yesterday I went shopping locally in Bristol to a retail park where Hobbycraft and other shops are.

I picked up quite a few different bits and bobs and was pleased with my purchases.  I thought I'd share them with you all!

In Hobbycraft, I usually only buy reduced/sale items as I find them to be expensive!!!  There was not much instore reduced yesterday but I managed to get some Liquid Beads for 49p a pot - I've seen them used on another blog and was interested in them!!


They are beads in a PVA type of mixture that you spread onto a project and the glue drys clear with the beads in a sort of pile!!!  I think I will try to make some of this with ordinary PVA and seed beads.

I also bought a cupcake embossing folder which was full price at £3.99
A Making Memories Magnetic 'Sayings' Set of Stamps - I love these as they are in a typewritten font so look rather retro - this was reduced to £1.99 from around £6.xx so a bargain!!!


Remember the 'Home' lettering that I bought the other day, well I wanted to paint the letters as I didn't like the colour.  I managed to find a gorgeous colour called 'Butter' made by Americana Deco Art and it was reduced to 49p.  I bought 2 of these as I want to paint a set of mini Ikea drawers in the summer!!


I then went into Paperchase and found some lovely thick wrapping paper for £1.25 a sheet.  The first sheet has a favourite of mine on it - birdcages!!  It has a lovely matt and glitter finish to it and will be perfect to use as design paper for cardmaking.  I also bought another sheet which had some lovely strawberries on it and I will again use this for cards.


Paperchase also had some lovely packs of tiny puffy stickers for £1 each so I picked up two packs!



Boots had alot of their Babyliss hair clips reduced and I picked up this gorgeous feathery leaf clip for around £1.40


Last but by no means least - I found theses fabulous socks in Tesco for £1.00 a pair or buy one get one half price.  I love gnomes so I got two pairs the same so 75p a pair!!!  These won't be being used for Sock Animals - they are for me!!!!!!


 
Anyway - hope you enjoyed seeing my purchases as much as I enjoyed making them!!!!!!



11 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy! Nothing better than a successful days craft shopping!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab stash Angie. I'll look forward to your review of the beads - not seen those before. The paper is lush. I hope you get some more time to yourself this week so that you can play. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some fab bargains there Angie, might call in there next week on my way down south. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. never mind the craft stuff, that hair clip is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - great load of bargains Angie, you'll have fun with them and lovely to treat yourself after your return to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I love all your buys, you never mentioned the gnome socks on the phone, they are brilliant. Enjoyed our catch up, talk again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fabulous bargains! I especially love the wrapping paper and socks, so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant bargains - well done. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic bargains Angie thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog. I have awarded you the love blog award. To pick it up just go by my blog and enjoy.


    Cardsbygeorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog. I have awarded you the love blog award. To pick it up just go by my blog and enjoy.


    Cardsbygeorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!