Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Saturday 18 October 2014

Christmas Clothespeg Elf

A while back I bought some clothespegs - you know the dolly style ones - with the intention of making something with them.  Anyway, they have been sat in a drawer doing nothing so yesterday I decided to make a Chrilstmas Elf using one of them.

I had a look through Pinterest and came across a lovely little fellow by Tara Dennis.  She has a great downloadable pdf instruction sheet along with the templates you need to make the elf.  You can find the details here.

As I am not a big fan of gluing fabric together, I stitched mine instead.  I cut my pieces smaller than the template and did an over stitch on the outside whilst placed on the peg.  For the trousers, I cut the pattern in half and slotted each piece through the gap and again stiched them and then moved the felt around so that the stitched parts were between the slot where you couldn't see it.  I made the gloves smaller as well and I did glue those into place.  For the songsheet, I cut out a small piece of musical notes paper and glued it to some card and then glued the gloves to that.

Here is my finished elf




I am really pleased with my elf, he is rather cute I think!  My niece has now decided she would like to make some so she will be coming over this afternoon!

Thanks for popping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!